Hello Guys! Welcome to my first blog. In this post, I would like to share some of the Benefits or uses of honey which can be used for many common problems such as skin problems, tan, hair fall, cough etc.
We all know that health is very important for us to achieve anything in life. Good health is main for happiness and well being. However, Maintaining good health is possible if we follow nutrient diet, exercise and Yoga. Adding some foods in our diet and practising healthy habits is significant for happy life. Similarly, focusing what is missing in our diet is also as important as that. So Are you really want to be excited for knowing the health benefits of honey in our life? Ok, then lets dive into the topic…
What is Honey?
Honey is the food item or viscous syrup made by Honey bees. When honey bees extract flower nectar from flower, this nectar is reacted with the enzymes present in Saliva of Honey bee and forms as Honey.
Properties of Honey
- Honey contains water and Sugars called carbohydrates, fructose, glucose, maltose, melibiose.
- Enzymes are also important composition of Honey. The enzymes of honey help in digestion process. Also helps in healing the wounds.
- Along with Water and Sugars, honey also contains Minerals and vitamins.
- Minerals includes: Phosphorous and Potassium and small amount of Copper, iron, calcium and magnesium.
- Honey composition also contains Acids which gives honey an acidic PH 3.5-4.5. This property helps the honey to preserve for longtime.
- Also, Honey comprises of small amounts of vitamin C and Vitamin B.
- Flavonoids present in Honey acts as antioxidant which helps as fighters for free radicals in human body. This property prevents us from getting diseased/illness.
Types of honey
Even though there are many classifications for honey, it is majorly classified as raw honey and Pasteurized honey based on its Purity.
This is the honey that is directly taken from Honey hives. It is natural and contains pollen without any added sugars.
When raw honey is sterilized, purified then that honey is Pasteurized honey. Raw honey is heated so that all the impurities will be removed and then added with extra sugars.
Uses of Honey
Honey has been used for so many years because of it’s uses for keeping us healthy and cures so many health issues. Isn’t is exciting? Lets go through the health benefits or uses of honey here.
Uses of Honey for skin:
- We have so many benefits of honey for skin problems.
- Antibacterial property of honey helps the skin to become pure and reduces the ache problems.
- This antibacterial property also creates glow and complexion for the skin. Thereby it acts as anti aging remedy too.
- When honey is mixed with green tea the antioxidants present in both honey and green tea plays an important role in recreating the cells by fighting with toxic free radicals in body. These free radicals are the creators for the disease and illness in human body.
Uses of Honey for face
- As honey contains antioxidant, antibacterial and antiseptic properties, it removes the blackheads and whiteheads present on the face. In addition to that, it prevents the skin from forming pimples on the face.
- Honey is the best option for the people who are facing with dry skin as it moisturizes and soothes the face and makes it appear as fresh and clean.
Uses of honey In relieving cough
- Drinking warm water with lemon and 2-3 spoons of honey is the best way to reduce sour throat. Honey alone is also helping in reducing the cough problem more effectively.
- When Ginger mixed with honey is taken regularly in early morning, most of the digestive problems will be resolved.
Uses of honey for hair
- For people who suffers with dry and damaged hair problems, honey is the best option to cure those problems using simple ways.
- When it comes to the hair, dandruff, dry hair, weakness in hair follicles, hair fall are the basic problems. As honey contains antioxidant and antibacterial properties, it helps in strengthening the hair follicles and curbing hair fall.
- Interestingly, Honey also cleans the dirt and damaged hair with its anti-fungal property.
- Taking excessive amount of honey causes symptoms like grey hair and wrinkles on face. So, it is always advisable to eat it in proper proportions.
Uses of honey for Eye
- Most of the eye caring products use honey in their compositions as it reduces the eye infections and inflammations.
- The antibacterial property of honey fights against the bacteria that causes the eye itching and infection.
Uses of honey for healing wounds and burns
- Honey has been using for hundreds of years because of its healing and antiseptic properties. Many studies revealed that honey is best remedy for curing wounds and burns.
Other Uses of honey for health
- Honey keeps the body hydrated.
- It regularizes the health conditions as it has special properties associated with it.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Useful for weight management.
- Nourishes the skin and face.
- Acts as a natural sleeping aid.
- Increases the memory.
- Good replacement for sugar for regulating blood sugar levels.
As mentioned above, honey has greatest health benefits as its natural, antiseptic, anti-bacterial, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal properties help in all the ways for the human body and keeps us healthy in all the times. So, having honey frequently in certain amounts is always a good habit that we must follow as it is a good replacement for sugar which in turn controls blood sugar.
I believe you got useful information for benefits of Honey from this page and let me know if you need any information using the comment section.In our blog, we are mainly focusing on health and providing tips and some interesting best remedies for healthy life. So,We are going to keep on updating our blog. You can also follow my blog to get all health related tips and precautions to follow for healthy life.Please share this post and keep updated. Looking forward to you in my next post!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂